Welcome back to the Role Playing Games PDF Spotlights column, where we look at some of the PDF’s that have been released in the past week that have caught my eye. I’m playing catch-up a bit this week as I didn’t blog at all last week due to my birthday, so we’ll be getting two columns worth of New Release spotlights this week starting with our look at some of the PDF’s released between 14th May – 20th May 2022.
5E Dungeons & Dragons Adventure Anthology
By Draco Studios
Seven high-level RPG Adventures for your 5e campaigns.
There are seven Azhurmas, the gargantuan dragons ruling over their respective broods. In each four session adventure you will pit your most daring players against these most fearsome dragons.
Each adventure has a completely different style of play from the others. While remaining consistent with the setting, and presenting its pivotal theme – the challenge to dragons – each adventure presents a game experience completely different from the others.
In Great Wyrms of Drakha, you’ll find:
- Seven high-level, 4-session adventures; each one dedicated to your players actually fighting one of the Azhurmas as their final challenge
- Maps for all relevant locations used in the adventures and key regions in Drakha
- Bestiary! Statblocks and background for every single creature mentioned in the adventures, with all the detail you need to make them come alive and challenge your players
- Items of Might, Wisdom and Horror. New magic items and relics found only in Drakha, plus technology exclusive to the Valernians captive in the Red Moon.
- Amazing art showcasing Drakhan uniqueness, with its breathtaking landscapes and awe-inspiring creatures.
Drakha, the Red Moon, is the moon of the world of Rhaava; the most important world of the Dragonbond setting. Here live the most powerful dragons and their broods.
The Red moon is a place of desolation and death, a place where Valernians are taken as captives to their dragon rulers. At best they can hope to be servants, at worst they are consumed for vaala, but either way their fate is terrifying. Only a few survive and only the bravest, or desperate adventurers would even think to take on a dragon.
5E Dungeons & Dragons Adventure Anthology
By Steamforged Games Ltd
Embark on a spellbinding adventure in a place where daring dogs and cunning cats are the heroes, right alongside their two-legged friends.
Greetings, adventurer! You hold in your hands a sourcebook for the world’s favourite roleplaying game. Inside, you’ll find a campaign and setting unlike any other—Gullet Cove!
It’s a wondrous seaside town home to brave heroes and dastardly villains, where intriguing mysteries and incredible discoveries lurk on two legs or four.
It takes a special kind of hero to make the most of all Gullet Cove has to offer, and these heroes are very special indeed. They’re awakened dogs and cats—cute, talkative, and longing to be unleashed on adventures!
Within this book is everything you need to begin exploring the Animal Adventures world:
- Rules for creating your own awakened cat and dog characters
- A gazetteer packed with information, plot hooks, and mysteries
- A bestiary stuffed with villains, monsters, and potential friends
- 5 thrilling adventures to take you all over town
- Magic items, Guild rules, and much, much more!
You can use this book to start a brand new campaign, or to add Gullet Cove to your existing campaign. What are you waiting for? Welcome to Gullet Cove!
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Supplement
By Cubicle 7 Entertainment
Winds of Magic is a comprehensive guide to the practices and traditions taught by the eight Colleges of Magic. As well as providing background to the development of magic in the Empire it includes details of a multitude of magic practices, creatures, and places.
- Each of the eight lores of magic taught by the colleges is provided with a revised and expanded roster of spells and a separate career for each sort of wizard.
- Rules are provided for rituals, complicated spells that can be used to empower magical sites, create magical creatures, or summon powerful but wild entities.
- Details on the summoning of Incarnate Elementals, the creation of Magical Constructs and how to develop a familiar as either an NPC or a Player Character.
- Details on the properties of magical sites, such as the lines of waystones that drain magic towards the Great Vortex in Ulthuan, and several sites associated with a particular wind.
- Characters can tell the future, read the past, or brew magical potions thanks to rules for the practices of Augury, Psychometry and Alchemy (both magical and mundane).
- A set of new careers allowing Characters to specialize as a Scryer, Mundane Alchemist, Beadle, or Magister Vigilant.
- Eight of the Empire’s pre-eminent wizards, from Balthazar Gelt to Elspeth von Draken, are detailed as potential patrons for Characters.
Several nemeses are described, such as the Blue Scribes who seek catalogue every spell in existence for the glory of Tzeentch; Egrimm van Horstmann, the greatest Chaos Sorcerer alive; and Mòna Mimn, who wishes to turn all the Old World into a vast fenland.
Thirsty Sword Lesbians Supplement
By Evil Hat Productions LLC
Draw Your Sword and Bare Your Heart…
With new character types, fresh settings, and even more ways to enjoy the Thirsty Sword Lesbians roleplaying game! Lace up your skates and settle old scores in a wasteland roller derby, explore the jungles of Venus as part of a planet-roving band of futuristic battle bards, or pick up your favorite Arthurian legend and MAKE. IT. GAY.
Crafted by an all-star team assembled from the best and brightest of the indie RPG scene, Advanced Lovers and Lesbians shines a spotlight on the game’s universal themes of found family and deep emotional connections. Innovative new playbooks and alternate rules offer novel story arcs for your next game of Thirsty Sword Lesbians.
Inside this book, you’ll find:
- Ten new playbooks, including the shape-shifting Naga, the shrewd Investigator, the synthflesh Hologoddess, and the family-minded Matriarch
- Twenty-one new settings—ready your bow in late Heian Japan or strum your guitar in orbit of near-future Saturn—each one full of relatable characters and dramatic plot hooks
- Four detailed adventures: Fashion & Slashin’, Romancing the Throne, Starlight of the Lunar Realm, and Through the Looking Glass make it easy for your group to quickly pick up and play a game of Thirsty Sword Lesbians
- Custom rules to support settings with unique elements
- An appendix of random tables full of inspiration for characters, settings, and storylines plus a set of Friend, Threat, and Plot tables tailored to each and every one of the game’s 19 playbooks
- Beautiful, full-color artwork that captures the full spectrum of characters you can play in the diverse, expansive, and unabashedly queer worlds found within
Thousands have already been smitten with Thirsty Sword Lesbians. Take your skills with the blade and your passion for intrigue and drama to the next level with Advanced Lovers and Lesbians!
READY? LET’S GO!
Star Trek Adventures Supplement
This 22-page PDF contains player character statistics for the crew of U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1031-A as seen in season 3 of Star Trek: Discovery. The PDF includes Captain Saru, Lieutenant Commander Paul Stamets, Captain Michael Burnham, Cleveland “Book” Booker, Ensign Sylvia Tilly, Ensign Adira Tal, Philippa Georgiou, Lieutenant Commander Hugh Culber, and Commander Jett Reno. It also includes player rules for Kelpiens, statistics for several supporting characters, and game statistics for U.S.S. Discovery-A.
By Silver Branch Games
Roleplaying games of people in a spaceship.
This is a rules-light framework for science fiction games where a group of characters are going round space in their ship, having adventures, like in TV series and movies.
They might be scrappy traders working on both sides of the law, or officers in a fleet, or all sorts of points between.
Constellation is designed to get you going quickly with the minimum of reading, head-scratching, and lists of equipment. It’s about simple rules generating interesting outcomes, and telling stories that revolve around the characters.
System note: it’s based round two d10, don’t go over stat, with various other bonus and opposition dice as needed. (It’s the same core as Frisson, adapted differently.)
World of Darkness Supplement
By Onyx Path Publishing
You think that because you’ve spent the night in a haunted house, seen a ghost or two, and participated in an exorcism, that makes you a bona fide paranormal investigator? Mere ghost hunting is for amateurs, buddy.
We’re going to teach you how to hunt real, tangible, unrepentantly murderous monsters.
We’re going to show you how to bind and control the spirits of the dead.
We’re going to give you access to a collection of tools and weapons you didn’t know existed.
You want to investigate the paranormal? Now’s your final chance to turn away, before things get scary.
The Paranormal Investigator’s Handbook includes:
- A toolkit of weapons and devices for use against all agents of the paranormal.
- Merits, Flaws, Numina, and Rituals for you to apply to your characters in the World of Darkness.
- A bestiary of monsters, cryptids, and supernatural threats, to add to your World of Darkness games.
- A selection of new orders and societies to which your characters might belong, or whom they might oppose.
Star Trek Adventures transports you into the role of a Starfleet officer, going boldly, and exploring the final frontier, where you can create brand new characters and crew your own Starfleet vessel or play as your favourite officers from the original series!
Previously only available with purchase of the Tricorder Collector’s Boxed Set (available now) these PDFs include almost everything you need to play Star Trek Adventures! Just add your own dice and you’re ready! Featuring updated original era layout and art throughout, this PDF collection is as charming as James T. Kirk and as practical as Spock!
The Tricorder Edition PDF Collection includes the following:
- Star Trek Adventures digest edition core rulebook PDF, styled after the original series. Perfect for new players and experienced roleplayers alike.
- The Keyhole of Eternity PDF: An exclusive and original three-part campaign set during the time of Captain Kirk’s five-year mission.
- 13 pregenerated characters to play, including the crew of the U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709, and 8 original series characters: Kirk, Spock, Uhura, McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, Chekov, and Nurse Chapel, as well as game statistics for the U.S.S. Enterprise herself!
- Plus PDF reference sheets and tokens.
Mutants & Masterminds Adventure
By Green Ronin Publishing
Trouble is afoot when a villainous master of puzzles begins a string of high-tech robberies assisted by… robot dinosaurs? But is this masked mastermind just a puppet, with a far more dangerous foe pulling his strings? Rise of the Tyrant is an introductory adventure for a team of 4-6 heroes of PL 10. The adventure is designed to bring new heroes together, introduce game concepts one step at a time, and kick off your own Mutants & Masterminds campaign!
Also includes 8 .por format character sheet data files for use with the Hero Labs software from Lone Wolf.
Astonishing Adventures brings you exciting, ready-to-run scenarios for Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition, complete with all the action and villains you need to bring the story to life!
By Firebird Creative
A CHOOSE A GRISLY DEATH solo adventure with multiple endings!
The Night Office never sleeps. For more than a hundred and fifty years, the Night Office has worked in the shadows, keeping all manners of tentacled beasties, gibbering madnesses, and slavering six-eyed goats from devouring you, your neighbor, and your neighbor’s dog. And now, the Night Office needs you.
This Advanced Psychological Strategies assessment is meant for field operatives who have just returned from a mission. It will validate your mental integrity, verifying that you have not been breached by space jellies or other malignant entities. Successful completion of an APS assessment will demonstrate a field operative’s readiness to continue the perpetual battle against the Great Old Ones.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• How to construct a therapeutic personality which can verify your mental integrity.
• How to navigate the Dark Labyrinth.
• How to acknowledge lingering psychic trauma that has prevented you from making friends.
• How to convincingly lie to yourself.
Intended for solo play, this adventure is reminiscent of old school text-based adventure games. All the decisions are yours, and there are so many ways to die—usually horribly. It’s old school choice-driven role-playing!
Please note: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item the author of this post will receive an affiliate commission.